Thursday, November 14, 2013

Celebrating 5000 Pageviews!

Earlier today, Leavins Programming hit a milestone: 5,000 pageviews! This means that 5,000 pages have been viewed since this blog started on March 14, 2010. Sure, most of those views are probably from webcrawlers and spammers, but even robot eyes are appreciated here.

Other Statistics

As of today (November 14, 2013), my most popular article is, without a doubt, DVR Remote Desktop Fails To Load. 1,635 views! Not too shabby. I hope that it has helped many people fix their H.264 Security DVR systems.

My second most popular article is about Emacs. I've never used Emacs on a regular basis (I prefer using Vim with its crazy modal editing), but Evil - An Emacs Mode for VI/Vim Users manages to be my most popular programming-related article with 689 pageviews.

Productivity/tips article seem to do very poorly for me. Maybe I write about incredibly obvious stuff?

The article with the least amount of pageviews (that wasn't posted today) is Skippable - Skip UI-specific Code During .NET VM tests. It's a weird article where I talk about how I removed a major feature from KSMVVM.WPF. It has received, to date, a whopping 2 views. If I had to guess, it's because it's such a niche subject and the title is a tremendous SEO black hole.

Takeaways

  • My page layout looks constantly messed-up and I'm not quite sure that I can do anything to fix it
  • I still like being on Blogger because it's easy to setup labels & search description and all of that
  • I'll never make money from this site and that's fine with me

Coming Soon

I might actually fix the site's layout once and for all. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment